Veteran Bernard Hopkins has vowed to fight on despite his weekend defeat to Chad Dawson.
The 47-year-old suffered a points defeat to his younger rival to lose his WBC light-heavyweight title.
Hopkins became the oldest man ever to win a major world title when he beat Jean Pascal last year and now he wants to better his own record.
The American said: "I fought hard Saturday night and feel the fight was closer than two of the scores reflected (the judges scored the fight 117-111, 117-111 and 114-114).
"Regardless of the result, I will continue my career and challenge any champion in my division. I might be older, but I don't feel a decline in my skills or abilities in the ring. I love to fight and am still competing at a level where boxing cannot deny me the opportunity to succeed."
Briton Nathan Cleverly is currently the WBO champion at light-heavyweight. However, prior to Saturday, his promoter Frank Warren had been looking to match the Welshman against the winner of the Dawson-Hopkins fight.
Cleverly, who recently had to withdraw from a scheduled defence against Robin Krasniqi, said: "Hopkins is still a great name, (but) I'm not sure whether that fight is still alive now."
The Welsh says he and his team will "probably" now look to secure a fight with WBA king Beibut Shumenov.