Harry Redknapp's former Tottenham assistant Joe Jordan believes it was a mistake by the club to sack him.
Redknapp parted company with the north London club after almost four years in charge at White Hart Lane last month after failing to agree a new contract with chairman Daniel Levy.
Jordan and fellow assistant Kevin Bond both left soon after, despite helping the side finish the season in fourth position in the Premier League.
"You look to improve and we would have," 60-year-old Jordan told The Daily Star on Sunday. "I think Harry had his eyes on one or two players who he thought could improve the team."
And the former Scotland international revealed his disappointment after finding out that he had been sacked soon after coming back from his holiday.
"Not for the life of me did I think I would go off on my holiday and return to find my contract had been terminated," he said.
"I didn't see it coming. When I left White Hart Lane on the final day of the season I was looking forward not only to the next season - but also the Champions League.
"We improved in each of the seasons we were at Tottenham. Harry would have got the players he wanted and we would have progressed further."