Sport : Football

REPORT: FULHAM REJECT QPR'S JOHNSON BID

7th January 2012, 09:13am

Andrew Johnson: QPR bid rejected

Andrew Johnson: QPR bid rejected

Fulham have rejected an offer from QPR for Andrew Johnson, Press Association Sport understands.

The 30-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season and he has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage during the January transfer window.

It is understood three clubs are interested in Johnson, but Fulham have rejected the only firm offer for the striker from QPR after it was deemed unacceptable.Fulham manager Martin Jol was coy when questioned about the striker's future in Friday afternoon's press conference, but later confirmed to Fulham TV they have received an offer from the Rs.

"What's the point for us, for Fulham, for my club to sell a player for that sort of money?," he said.

"To get somebody will cost a lot more money so for me there is no problem. He is still under contract so we have to wait and see.

"Of course, if somebody wants him they have to pay a good transfer fee so we can buy another good player.

"But I told Andy what's the point of selling him for that kind of money to a rival.

"So I think it would not be best for us to sell him to whatever club for a lower fee.

"Of course he will stay here and if he is not signing he can leave at the end of the season."

Football Videos

    Dyke: Plan needed for minority coaches

    Dyke: Plan needed for minority coaches

    27-November-2014

    Greg Dyke admits there are institutional problems in football that could prevent people from ethnic minorities getting coaching and management jobs. But he believes it can be put right with a proper plan.

    Celtic qualify despite defeat

    Celtic qualify despite defeat

    27-November-2014

    Celtic manager Ronny Deila is pleased to have qualified for the next round of the Europa League, despite a 3-1 defeat to Salzburg.

    Heskey to return to Leicester?

    Heskey to return to Leicester?

    27-November-2014

    Leicester manager Nigel Pearson responds to comments made by Emile Heskey, who's a free agent. The former Leicester striker said he'd welcome a return to the club as a player earlier this week.

    Sickness hits Stoke

    Sickness hits Stoke

    27-November-2014

    Stoke manager Mark Hughes says several players have been reported sick and the whole complex has been sanitised. He hopes all affected players will be clear of the bug for Saturday's game at Liverpool.

    Sky Bet

      • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

    Facebook Favourites