Top-class juvenile Harbour Watch has been entered on Saturday for a potential first start of the season in the John Sunley Memorial Criterion Stakes at Newmarket.
Richard Hannon's colt is unbeaten in three starts and ended last campaign as Britain's highest-rated two-year-old following his most recent victory in the Richmond Stakes at Goodwood.
Now part-owned by Qatar Bloodstock, Harbour Watch missed the Dewhurst Stakes and then the 2000 Guineas through problems and it was announced by connections prior to Royal Ascot that he would wait for this seven-furlong Group Three event.
"I've left him in the race but I don't know if he runs yet -it depends how he works on Wednesday," said Hannon.
It would not be the softest of comebacks as Mick Easterby has entered Hoof It, third in last year's Sprint Cup.
Hannon's recent Listed winner Libranno and Eton Forever, who took the Buckingham Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot, could also be involved, along with William Haggas' Firebeam and smart handicappers like Edinburgh Knight and Dimension.
Red Art, who was fifth in the Horris Hill Stakes on his final start as a two-year-old, could also be involved, but has another entry in a handicap at Chester on the same day.
Trainer Charlie Hills told his website, www.charleshills.com: "We're looking forward to seeing Red Art back in action as he suffered a setback during the spring."